Before making a booking, please take time to read our Terms & Conditions
No fuss, no small print, no problems.
We want you to be completely happy just like the thousands of other guests who have sailed with us
Sailandplay SLU : TERMS & CONDITIONS
Our promise to you
- You are guaranteed a truly wonderful time onboard our luxury catamaran. This is a promise and our pledge to you
- You do not need any previous sailing experience ... just a sense of fun and adventure
- Our team of professional skippers and crew will take very good care of you
- We never ask you to pay in full until you are completely satisfied at the end of your cruise
We hope you will join the many thousands of satisfied customers and come sailing with us too !
- Established since 2008, Sailandplay, SLU (formerly SainandStay Ltd) offers a unique, fully-inclusive day sailing charter experience.
- We are the only catamaran operating along the southern coast of Spain from Motril in the east to Benalmadena in the west.
- We have consistently been voted the #1 Local Day Attraction on Trip Advisor and in 2023 into the Top 10% Worldwide!
- Everything is provided onboard for your safety & comfort. All you need to bring are swimming costumes, towels, hats, sunglasses, suncream, your camera ... and a smile !!
- The catamaran is fully coded to both the UK MCA (Maritime & Coastguard Agency) and the Spanish ITB standards, and is subject to regular comprehensive inspections by UK & Spanish qualified coding inspectors. These rigorous inspections cover all safety aspects of the catamaran, including the regular maintenance of life saving equipment onboard and general operating systems of the vessel at sea.
- Our professional skippers are all fully qualified, who between them have sailed thousands of sea miles in many different parts of the World, including several trans-Atlantic passages to the Caribbean and a northern crossing of the Arctic Ocean to Svalbard (at latitude 75 degrees North !)
- Before each and every cruise, the skipper gives a fully comprehensive safety briefing which covers all aspects of your safety & comfort at sea. He indicates the positions of all life-saving equipment and explains procedures for incidents at sea, including the correct donning of lifejackets if required (which has never before been necessary).
- If and whenever possible, we will make headway under sail as much as possible. When conditions determine, we will supplement sailing headway with the 2 auxiliary engines.
- The Google maps shown on this website are only indicative of any expected cruising routes, and the skipper on the day reserves the right to alter course and routes, if deemed necessary for the safety and comfort of all guests.
- Please be assured that by registering your details with us and by making an online booking, all details are stored securely and will not be passed to any third parties.
- For your added security, we use a trusted credit card processor, Trekksoft, and this name will appear on your credit card statement. All payment transactions are totally safe with SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encyption, preventing all personal data including credit card details from being compromised.
- When making any booking, you have the option of paying in full or paying a 50% deposit, with the balance payable at the end of your chosen cruise.
- Your credit card will be charged as soon as your charter is confirmed - this is normally within 24 hours of your booking. You will then be issued with a voucher via email. This voucher is like cash, so please ensure you bring it with you on the day.
- N.B. Please also be aware if you are making a booking for the Charter cruise, and the number in your party is less than the minimum required for the cruise to depart (i.e. 6 Adult paying guests for all cruises) then the booking can not be confirmed until more seats are sold to make up the minimum numbers. You do of course also have the option of selecting an exclusive Private cruise whereby you can confirm an immediate and secure booking. If you are making a larger group booking of between 13-50 guests, then some separate terms and conditions may apply as we sub-charter other vessels for your party.
- Customers will be notified accordingly if the minimum required number of seats are not sold, and either offered an alternative cruise, or any deposit payments will be returned in full.
- Please enquire for special offers and discounts in low season.
- a) Changes to or cancellation of any booking is only authorised when SailandPlay/SailandStay receives notification of changes and or cancellation in writing, by email, by sms or by telephone and this is acknowledged and confirmed by us by reply email.
- b) Should you wish to cancel a booking, please be aware of the following conditions :
i) Cancellation more than 7 days to charter date, 100% of the deposit or full payment will be refunded (whichever is applicable), less any fees incurred
ii) Cancellation less than 7 days to charter date, we will re-schedule the charter, subject to availability, otherwise no refund of the deposit or full payment
iii) Cancellation less than 48 hours before the charter, you will be liable to pay the full amount if we do not resell or reshedule your booking
iv) Cancellation, no show or late arrival on the day - no refund of the deposit and full payment will be due
- c) In the unlikely event that a cruise needs to be cancelled by us, then all reasonable steps will be taken to notify customers of the cancellation as soon as possible and all monies paid by customers in advance will be fully refunded.
- d) Notwithstanding the above, we reserve the right in any circumstance to cancel any booking. This should never normally happen unless there is a situation that is out of our control such as i) weather and sea conditions on the day ii) riots iii) terrorism iv) strikes v) fire vi) natural or man-made disasters vii) road closure delays viii) cancellation of flights. In this unlikely event, all monies paid in advance will be fully refunded.
- The skipper's decision on all matters of safety at sea is final, and all guests agree to adhere to and comply with instructions from the skipper
- All guests are expected to listen carefully and understand the comprehensive safety briefing. There is an opportunity for everyone to ask questions if something is not understood before departure
- Children are to be under adult supervision at all times
- Smoking is strictly prohibited below decks, but is allowed on deck. Ashtrays must be used for cigarette ends
- No litter of any description is to be discarded into the sea
- Nothing must be discarded into the toilets that has not been eaten before
- Please consume alcohol responsibly
- Guests are responsible for all personal possessions taken onboard, and we take no responsibility for any loss or damage
- We wish to draw your attention to the fact that whilst we take all reasonable care and necessary precautions to ensure the safety of all guests, accidents can unfortunately occur. We strive to provide you with the best information and care at all times, but this is not and never can be a substitute for proper enquiry by you. Sailing is considered an adventure based activity which can be potentially hazardous. There is always the possibility of personal injury or medical emergency. Please be assured that our professional skippers and 1st mates are all trained and certified First Aid officers and we carry a full medical kit onboard.
- It is therefore absolutely essential that guests make themselves aware of the risks and accept them. Guests must take individual responsibility for understanding all given information and instruction, thus accepting and assuming all risk of damage, injury or medical emergency which may result.
- We highly recommend all guests purchase their own insurance to cover medical emergencies
- We accept no responsibilty whatsoever for any loss or injury
When making a booking, you will be asked to confirm that you have read all the above and fully understand and accept that any participation in sailing is entirely at your own risk and you accept these terms and conditions.
Thank you for choosing Sailnplay
If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, please contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered Office : Sailandplay, S.L.U., Cortijo Grande, Barranco Ferrer, Rubite, Granada, 18711 Spain.